This product is now available as
part of the MSA+ program
ALTAIR io™ 4
ALTAIR io™ 4
Support worker safety and connectivity with the ALTAIR io 4 portable gas detector.
The ALTAIR io 4 is a secure, smart gas detector with out-of-the-box connectivity packed into an ultra-rugged design. The ALTAIR io 4 was designed from the ground up to include MSA’s XCell sensors and to work seamlessly with the MSA Grid and the ALTAIR io Dock.
The end result for you is hassle-free compliance, effortless fleet management & incredible visibility into your worker safety that you’ve never had before.
ALTAIR io 4 features:
- Available through MSA+, the comprehensive subscription program including hardware and software, giving you access to powerful cloud-based solutions enabling faster implementation, increased warranty coverage and automatic software and firmware upgrades – with minimal capital expense
- Fully integrated connectivity for real-time visibility across your worksites from Day One
- CAT-M LTE cellular connectivity and integration with the MSA Grid
- Deploys in seconds, right out of the box. No IT required
The ALTAIR io 4 is part of the MSA Safety io Grid, which helps to simplify safety, curb risk, and boost productivity.
Zero Up-Front Capex Expense
Skip the capital expenditure process and up-front purchase of devices and get your gas detection program approved and running quickly.
Always Under Warranty
When you’re a subscriber, you’re covered under warranty regardless of the age of the device.
Better with Time
New features and functionality are pushed routinely to our Grid software and your fleet for instant—and ongoing—improvements to your safety program.
- Rugged, durable design
- Industry-Leading XCell® Sensors
- Survives a 25-foot drop test
- Sensor design enables faster response and shorter span calibrations
- 1 to 4 gas options are available
- Sensor Options: Combustible (LEL), Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Methane, Sulfur Dioxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, H2S Low-Concentration, CO, Hydrogen-Resistant SO2
- Size: 11.7 x 7.8 x 3.9 cm (4.6 x 3.1 x 1.5 in)
- Weight: 261 grams (9 oz)
- Display Type: High-resolution liquid crystal display
- Run Time: 17 Hours under standard operating conditions
- Operating Temperature: -20ºC to +55ºC (-4F to +131 F)
- Battery & Charging:
- Battery: 2 Ah Rechargeable
- Charge Time: Typical full charge is 4.5 hours at room temperature
- Charging Temperature Range: 0°C-40°C*
- Data Loggin: Minimum 90-day cloud-synced data logs. Device data synced and stored in customer Grid account.
- Location Awareness:
- GPS Accuracy: 2.5 meters
- GPS accuracy will be influenced by surroundings, infrastructure, & environmental conditions
- GNSS: Concurrent GNSS (GPS and GLONASS)
- Warranty: Always under warranty with subscription
- FCC and Industry Canada
- Class I, Zone 0, AEx da ia IIC Ga T4
- Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D T4 -20C to +55C
|Sensor Type||Measuring Range||Resolution|
|Combustible||0 - 100% LEL or Varying Vol%||1% LEL or 0.05 Vol%|
|O2||0 - 30 Vol%||0.1 Vol%|
|CO||0 - 1,999 ppm||1 ppm|
|H2S||0 - 199 ppm||1 ppm|
|H2S - Low Concentration||0 - 99.9 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|SO2||0 - 20 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|NO2||0 - 50 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|CO - Hydrogen-Resistant||0 - 1,999 ppm||1 ppm|