The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
- MSA Altair 5X (5 Gas)
- MSA Altair 5X IR (CO2)
- MSA Altair 5X PID (VOCs)
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing
- Ability to survive 10-ft. (3m) drop
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow
- High performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration)
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds.
- Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- Rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that user has become immobile.
- InstantAlert feature provides manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when unit’s sensor nears end-of-life.
- Versatile MSA Link™ Software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY® GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
- Wireless bluetooth included standard.
- Size: 6.69″ H x 3.49″ W x 1.79″ D
- Housing: Rugged rubberized armour
- Drop Test: 10 Feet
- Audible Alarm: >95 dB
- Visual Alarms: 2 Ultra-bright LEDs, on top
- Vibrating Alarm: Standard
- Motion Alert & Instant Alert: Standard
- Display: High-constrast monochrome or colour display
- Backlight: Adjustable time-out
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-ION or AA Alkaline
- Run Time: 20 hrs @ room temperature
- Ingress Protection: IP65
- Standard Warranty:
- 3 Years: O2, H2S, O2, SO2 and IR sensors
- 2 years: NH3 and Cl2 sensors
- 1 year: Other sensors
|Sensor Type||Measuring Range||Resolution|
|LEL||0 – 100% LEL||1 % LEL|
|LEL||0 – 5% Vol||0.1% Vol|
|CO||0 – 2000 ppm||1 ppm|
|CO||0 – 10000 ppm||5 ppm|
|H2S||0 – 200 ppm||1 ppm|
|H2S – LC||0 – 20 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|SO2||0 – 20 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|Cl2||0 – 10 ppm||0.1%|
|NH3||0 – 100 ppm||0.05 ppm|
|NO2||0 – 20 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|NO2 (XCell)||0 – 50 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|ClO2||0 – 1 ppm||0.01 ppm|
|PH3||0 – 5 ppm||0.05 ppm|
|HCN||0 – 30 ppm||0.5 ppm|
|CO2||0 – 10% Vol||0.01% Vol|
|Butane C4H10||0 – 25% Vol||0.1% Vol|
|Methane CH4||0 – 100% Vol||1% Vol|
|Propane C3H8||0 – 100% Vol||1% Vol|
|PID – 10.6EV||0 – 2000 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|O2||0 – 30%||0.1%|