X-Plore® 8000 (Power Air Purifying Respirator)
When workplace environments compromise the quality of the air you breathe demand reliable solutions. The Dräger X-plore® 8000 PAPR offers a new level of intuitive handling combined with intelligent electronics. The result? The high degree of personal protection you need to focus on the task at hand.
The X-plore® 8000 PAPR is designed with heavy-duty rubber protectors and high ingress protection (IP 65) against dust and water from any direction. Choose from a standard or long-life battery—using the latest Li-ion battery technology—provide power for at least 4 and 8 hours of purified respiratory protection.
- Robust: Designed for daily use in tough environments
- IP65 rating against dust and water from any direction
- Advanced carrying system ensures optimal weight distribution
- Hose connector features a 360° click adaptor
- Self-explanatory operation minimizes user error
- An optical sensor prevents use without the filter
- Easy to maintain: Efficient cleaning and secure operation
- Advanced temperature and pressure sensor technology to ensure the right flow rate for any environment
- Modular: A wide range of components for every application
- Combine various components and accessories to best fit your application, and system upgrades are possible at any time
- Approvals: NIOSH (42CFR, Part 84)*
- Ingress protection: IP65 (dust-tight and resistant to water jets from all sides)
- Airflow: Automatic setting of operating type: loose- or tight-fitting headpiece
- Adjustable in three levels:
- Half and full-face mask: 30, 34 or 83 gal./min (115,130 or 145 l/min)
- Hoods, Helmets and Visors: 30, 34 or 83 gal./min (115,130 or 145 l/min)
- Battery technology: Lithium-ions: 12.6 V/3.4 Ah (standard battery), 12.6 V/6.8 Ah (high-capacity battery)
- Operating time:
- Standard battery life: 4 hours (at 55 gal./min (210 l/min) and particulate filter)
- High-capacity battery: 8 hours (at 55 gals/min (210 l/min) and particulate filter)
- Charging time: Under 3 hours (in 2 hours 80% can be reached)
- Weight: Approx. 3 lbs. (1,400 g) (Dräger X-plore® 8500 incl. standard battery and splash guard lid)
- Alarm system:
- Optical alarm (operating display)
- Acoustical alarm (≥ 80 dB(A) at 3.3 ft. (1 m)
- Vibration alarm
- Belt length: Adjustable between 27.56 in. (700 mm) and 55.12 in. (1,400 mm) (standard and decontamination version)
- Belt extension: 13.8 in. (35 cm) (standard and decontamination version
Dräger X-Plore® 8000 Hoods
Dräger X-plore® 8000 hoods are an integral part of our Dräger X-plore® 8000 powered air-purifying respirator systems for work requiring the use of ambient air. In addition, the hoods are extremely light, making them very comfortable. The hose connection’s intelligent air distribution makes them extremely comfortable, as it prevents a cold feeling at a single spot.
Available in two sizes to ensure a perfect fit, the hoods are also available as a standard design or as a premium model, each in short or long versions. Hoods are recommended for use in all areas where no additional mechanical head or eye protection is needed.
Premium Hood, Short
Premium Hood, Long
Standard Hood, Short
Standard Hood, Long
Dräger X-Plore® 8000 Helmets and Head Pieces
Dräger X-plore® 8000 headpieces offer integrated respiratory protection which can be combined with various components and accessories to provide protection for the head, eyes, face and ears. With Dräger’s portfolio of helmets, bump caps and hoods these PAPRs can be customized to best fit your application.
Robust and versatile, with a sleek and modern design. The X-plore 8000 helmets are made for use in the harsh environment of day-to-day industrial operation while providing protection for the head, face and eyes. Dräger also offers helmets or bump caps with hoods that provide chemical protection when needed.
Helmet PC visor L1Z
Helmet PC visor L2Z
Helmet PC visor L3Z
Tychem 2000 for
Helmet or Bump cap
Bump Cap with
Hood Tychem 4000